CIR.Radiology is a full-function software product, which provides integration of the electronic document flow, radiodiagnosis medical equipment, and a medical institution’s electronic archive of diagnostic images.
The main goal of the software product is to improve quality and capacity of diagnostics and treatment processes at a medical institution, and also to form infrastructure for resource-saving (filmless and paperless) technologies.
The software product consists of the following workplaces: attending physician, diagnostician, archive operator, receptionist (if there is no EHR available at the medical institution).
The subsystem can perform the following functions:
• registration of patients in the system (if there is no EHR already available at the medical institution);
• registration of applications for conducting tests in accordance with office working hours;
• entering test results in special forms;
• opportunity of editing forms of data entry;
• printing out test results;
• search for test results;
• archiving test results;
• integration with medical equipment which has the DICOMWorkListSCU option;
• integration with analog equipment;
• using a set of tools for analyzing an image (calibration of an image, changing brightness, contrast, image scale, measuring distances, areas on an image, moving an image on the screen, simultaneous browsing of several images);
• access to a patient’s diagnostic images available from doctors’ workplaces from the electronic health records via DICOM-WEB viewer. Browsing of any diagnostic images and cine loops of a specified speed is possible (computer tomography, MRI tomography, ultrasound examination, X-ray, angiography, scintigraphy, electrocardiography, Holter monitoring, etc.);
• automatic archiving of medical diagnostic images;
• forming an image on optical media (CD, DVD). A built-in DICOM-viewer is a part of the set (for Windows, Linux operating systems);
• alerting attending personnel in cases of critical events in the archive via e-mail.
The software is supplied in modules and consists of the following modules:
• WL-broker (WL-server) serves for directing the list of instrumental examinations from any clinical information system to diagnostic device consoles via the DICOM protocol;
• virtual printer serves for gripping page images sent from medical software to a virtual printer, conversion into a widely-spread format PDF, archiving in the DICOM-archive;
• DICOM-archive is a fail-safe warehouse of DICOM-objects scalable from 10 to 50 Tbyte, inter-communication with medical equipment via DICOM protocol;
• Web-portal with DICOM-viewer provides access from all doctors’ workplaces to visual results of examinations with flexible logic of access rights differentiation; it is able to work with any DICOM-archive via DICOM 3.0 protocol.
• implementation of modules of accessing instrumental-diagnostic examination graphic results (diagnostic images and cine loops) at doctors’ workplaces;
• exclusion of entering information about a patient repeatedly in different systems (in an electronic medical record or on diagnostic devices);
• optimization of the local area network and DICOM servers.